Friday, May 29, 2009

When Things are Too Low...

I've come to the realization, as I've gotten older (now in my mid 30's) and had a few back problems creep up, that things are too low, sometimes. Like, dog food in a nice rubbermaid container. It's in a good spot, but is quite low to the ground. There are other things like this... the dowel in the track of my sliding glass door, the lowest drawer in my kitchen and bathroom, etc.

Well... for those things I can change, I'm going to. Drawers are what they are, but dog food containers can be put onto a nice clean shelf and dowels in the sliding glass door can be replaced with locks that are attached mid-way up.

In my kitchen, I tend to put things I don't use very often down low, and things that I use often up higher. This is why our cabinets are all the way up to the ceiling... we need space for things up high.

What type of modifications do you make around your house for your height?

No comments:

Post a Comment