Monday, May 18, 2009

Stop Staring!

All you tall girls out there... I know you've experienced this... the STARE. People stare because we're tall, because we're wearing heels that make us even taller, because we're so much taller than the people we're walking beside. They stare, stare, stare... and it is freakin' annoying. So... I. stare. back.

The worst stare is from icky guys who don't just stare, they leer. They think they can, and I have had 'average height' friends confirm that I do get more of these stares than they do. One of these days, I swear, I'm going to go over and ask if they need a close up and then tell them off. It drives me nuts, and it happens a lot around the area I work (not with colleagues, with people outside the building). Same guys, day in and day out. I want to tell them, "yeah, I'm tall, I don't stare at you because you're short." But I never will.

I don't mind the usual 'looks', but the leering stares... just creep me out. At least I know I can take them down, if I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment