Thursday, April 30, 2009

Coffee Does Not Stunt Growth


Coffee won't stunt growth, but oh how I wished that it would when I was growing up. Coffee was around me everywhere in the town I grew up in, so I started drinking it at a young age. I always hoped it would stunt my growth in my teenage years, but I was 6'0" by the time I was 14. I am proof positive that coffee does not stunt growth in any way.

Growing up I wished I could just be a little shorter. I would dream of wearing pants that looked good (I was so uncool in the eighties), and shirts that had nice long sleeves. But, of course, I never did get shorter so instead I had to learn to live with it and get comfortable in my body. Once I hit college, I met other tall women, and guys that were taller than me, and it was then that I got comfortable. In fact, I started really loving my height. Clothes in the 90's helped... extra long, grunge looks were somewhat easy to pull off. But what really happened is that I stopped fighting my body. I learned to accept it. Of course, having clothes that fit properly make it easier to accept. When I'm not pulling at my clothes and they fit, I look better, when I look better, I feel better, and this leads to acceptance and good self esteem.

So, to all of you designers making nice long inseams and nice long sleeves... I salute you. You have made it easier for me, and others like me, to look good... and therefore feel good. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment