Monday, April 27, 2009

Can you grab that _______ off the top shelf?

At any store with high shelves, I will almost always be asked if I can grab chips/pants/tampons/etc. from that top shelf way up there. When I do it, the person asking always says something like... I wish I were that tall, Don't you love being tall? My answer... yes I do, but not because I can get things off the top shelves.

I wonder how people would react if I asked them to get stuff for me on the lower shelves (you know, cuz it really hurts my back when I bend over from way up there). I don't think it would go over to well. I'll probably never know. Why? Because I'd never ask someone who is not an employee, who is a complete stranger, to grab something off any shelf for me. It's rude.

Thanks for allowing the mini-rant. Just got back from a trip, and for some reason got asked this question frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment