Sunday, April 19, 2009

New Jeans

I went shopping yesterday, knowing I would need to try on 100 pair of jeans, just to get to the one pair that was long enough. I knew that this would involve many four letter words, crushed dreams, and at least one complete meltdown.

Why all the drama? Well, I'm 6' tall, with a 36" inseam if I wear even a 1.5" heel. The same height as most models who show us all of the wonderful clothes we should be wearing. Funny how all of the clothes they wear, are never long enough in the store. Never. ever. never. This drives me to have a meltdown at least twice a year, as I cannot and will not wear pants that are not long enough.

So, I scour and search, for the one pair that was made with end material, or accidentally got cut long, or by some miracle were made to be long, on purpose! Well folks, yesterday, was the day that I found not one, but TWO pair of jeans that were long enough and looked good on. This miraculous event deserves a party, a celebration.

Ladies and gentlemen I was able to walk out of a store with two pair of jeans that I could wear, immediately! No trying to find the long version online, no boo-hooing because I didn't find anything. No... none of that. Instead, choirs were singing, birds were chirping, and I... I was floating on air because I had done the impossible.

In case you tall girls out there want to know what I found, here they are:

7 For All Manking - Dojo (They say 34" inseam on the site, but the pair I found in store... 36")
Citizens of Humanity "Amber High Rise" (They also say 34"inseam, but the pair I found in store... 35", perfect for flats and tennies, also, the rise is not THAT high, still below the waist)

No comments:

Post a Comment